ALL RIGHTS RESERVED & COPYRIGHTED BY TINA NGUYEN.
All artworks posted on this blog are created by Tina N. unless otherwise stated by the artist herself.

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
This is Tina. I am an artist, an animator, a joker, and a laugher. I am not the best but I am not the worst either. And my goal is to be on top. These blogs are bringing you my greatest passion in life, which I hope you will enjoy. Nothing is as entertaining as images, both still and moving. So please, forget the real world and welcome to the world of imagination~

"When you really draw something, never fear to be BOLD, otherwise, it won't be that amazing~" Tina N.


P.S. Did I not tell you that I am also a writer? At some point it dawned on me that I do enjoy putting my imagination in texts, not just images. Oh joy!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Two Faces (Girl with a Flower)


This is "Two Faces", or two worlds since it's actually 2 drawings in one that contrast to each other. The topic is a girl with a flower. There are many ways to depict this topic, however, I wanted to push it further than just simply a girl and a flower. I wanted to create a whole story behind it. This is a story of 2 different girls whose lives and situations are also totally different. As you can see one is in a forest filled with life while the other is in a desert, empty and dead. The one in the forest is trying to reach a beautiful blooming water lily while the one in the desert is holding a dead sunflower. One looks healthy and beautiful while the other seems rather ill and skinny. 
The great contrast between them in fact is a depiction of the two sides of a person's life, of anything going on around us. Hence, the title "two faces" popped in my head.

It took me about 2 weeks, between classes and internship, to finish this piece. Perhaps it is not very great, especially the color since this piece is also my own practice on coloring since I am not good at it. There may be updating/improvement of the drawing in the future. For now I am quite happy with it.

Media: Adobe Photoshop CS5, Wacom tablet Cintiq and Bamboo

Here is the progress of the painting: 


I did a lot of corrections while working on this piece after getting a bunch of suggestions and advice from fellow artists and professional artists who work in the animation industry. I guess perhaps the final draft may not be a complete perfection for now but I am pretty happy with it. I know I will get a lot better in the future and at some point, I may go back and make this one even better and nicer, maybe close to "perfection". This experience has inspired me a lot and I feel like I have to draw more, a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you show your progress and I think the final piece looks good, the color is subtle and not overly saturated ( which I think is a nice touch). I also love the contrast between the figures and the environments and I think they both help to get your ideas across.

    ReplyDelete