ALL RIGHTS RESERVED & COPYRIGHTED BY TINA NGUYEN.
All artworks posted on this blog are created by Tina N. unless otherwise stated by the artist herself.

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
This is Tina. I am an artist, an animator, a joker, and a laugher. I am not the best but I am not the worst either. And my goal is to be on top. These blogs are bringing you my greatest passion in life, which I hope you will enjoy. Nothing is as entertaining as images, both still and moving. So please, forget the real world and welcome to the world of imagination~

"When you really draw something, never fear to be BOLD, otherwise, it won't be that amazing~" Tina N.


P.S. Did I not tell you that I am also a writer? At some point it dawned on me that I do enjoy putting my imagination in texts, not just images. Oh joy!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Another way to escape~

My life has been quite messy for the past few weeks. In fact, it already started back in the December of 2012.
I have been so busy with other stuff, I never actually got to do my own artwork nor continue my current in-progress story, which I would like to soon turn into an epic comic. But perhaps, last week might just have been one of the worst weeks I have ever experienced in my life. The consequence of such a bad week turned out to be... how can I put this... in control, however. Good thing I am not a negative individual nor a typical positive one that may drive everyone nuts. I am optimistic. But my optimism is driven by my own pessimism, believe it or not.
I was a total broke-down, until I got so sick of it, I decided to fix it.
I was so negative, I decided to keep it in the back of my mind, so I could bring forward the positive.
I would throw myself into the sea of low self-esteem, and slowly let myself sink without any effort of coming back up. And as soon as I touch the bottom, I would just go blank, relax, think of nothing. Until all of a sudden, I would turn into a rocket and fly straight up into the sky.
It may sound strange, but at some point, my pessimism is the motivation for my optimism. I see and accept the bad as a challenge for the good. I look at the reality to paint my own fantasy. And if it is going nowhere, I take it as a sign for 'time to relax!'
It is not totally an 'escape'. I am not running away. It is, in fact, the opposite. In order to 'escape' from the burdens that put me down, I would have to face it.
And that is another way of mine to keep my feet on the track. 


This little sketch is simply another quick sketch. It did its job - keep my mind at peace.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Tina.

    I enjoyed your post, and found it very inspirational. My big take-away from your post was "When you're at your worst, get out all your frustrations (like having a big cry or punching a poor pillow), then after a while, tell yourself, "It can only get better from here", and move on. At least, I hope this was what you were getting at. :p

    Your drawing is beautiful. I have my own saying that goes, "A scribble a day keeps me sane". I truly believe that when you're angry or sad, instead of punching a wall ('cuz it hurts like heck), get a pencil or paintbrush, and have a good sketch session. It the best way to go, I think.

    Take care! I look forward to your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I did not see your comment until now... Gah! Unbelievable of me! OMG!!! I have been inactive all these months.. I am so bad... But thank you so much! At least I am thankful that I have finally found your comment on my post that really motivates me. I've still been drawing, just haven't posted anything... I will keep this blog active with more works and posts. I noticed your blog. Keep drawing! :D

      Thank you so much! <3

      Delete