ALL RIGHTS RESERVED & COPYRIGHTED BY TINA NGUYEN.
All artworks posted on this blog are created by Tina N. unless otherwise stated by the artist herself.

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, California, United States
This is Tina. I am an artist, an animator, a joker, and a laugher. I am not the best but I am not the worst either. And my goal is to be on top. These blogs are bringing you my greatest passion in life, which I hope you will enjoy. Nothing is as entertaining as images, both still and moving. So please, forget the real world and welcome to the world of imagination~

"When you really draw something, never fear to be BOLD, otherwise, it won't be that amazing~" Tina N.


P.S. Did I not tell you that I am also a writer? At some point it dawned on me that I do enjoy putting my imagination in texts, not just images. Oh joy!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Memoirs of the highschool time in Vietnam

As you see I originally came from Vietnam. I spent half of my highschool year in Vietnam, then half of it in the US. I did not completely enjoy highschool in Vietnam but surely I did like some elements of it. Two of them would be "cá viên chiên" and the traditional Vietnamese "áo dài" (although it is incredibly hot in Vietnam and this dress could kill me in that weather). So I suddenly doodled out this little sketch with a not-so-typical Vietnamese highschool girl (usually people, especially Western people, like to think of highschool Vietnamese girls with a nice long black hair in a white dress) when I was at Titmouse at a very late hour of the day. The idea just came and my hand just doodled it out so although it is very sketchy, I had a lot of fun and am very happy with it. Perhaps, this is one of the most beautiful wonders in Vietnam - young school girls in pretty and pure white dresses going to school, which you can find in nowhere else in this world. In this sketch, however, instead of appearing as a sweet innocent school girl in a white dress, I gave her the "true" side of Vietnamese highschool girls, the one that I and many of my friends used to be - playful, cheerful, love snacks and vendors food, and carefree. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment